Sunday, May 28, 2006

The carnival is over... for the time being... Sporadicfest, May 27, 2006




















I got home late and utterly exhausted - but it was worth it... despite a patchy audience attendance, overall the day went well, the music was brilliant and thought-provoking, the use of film adding an extra dimension (despite the Sporadic white sheet screen!) - and Tristan Burfield's re-scoring of Cocteau's 'Blood of a poet' which started the proceedings, a fascinating re-take on an old favourite. Thank you to all - Richard and Liquidisers, Tristan, Jake Manning and Stephen Linehan for their acoustic set, the Failed Nasa Experiment mega band and the Murmurists. And of course to David and Murray (both of whom were on blistering form in the Plexus set - just playing it back - wild stuff). Here's a couple of photos- more to come and review when my energy levels pick up. Some more over on the Plexus site here...

Later...

2 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

I wish I could have seen the Cocteau set. That would have been great. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it all.

Rod Warner said...

It was a good day - the weather screwed us a bit in the afternoon but overall the music and films were great and our lot held their own - may put up a recording of some of the set - notmuch of me on it as a two guitar assault takes off - but I'm playing stuff under it. Just preparing a chill out post for bank holiday.... watch this space... mainly singers
And hoping to have a go at your song later if I have time...