Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Birthday...





No music today - still working on a post that's going to push things out a bit further and try to link Johnny Griffin to Cecil Taylor (!)- but today is my daughter Amelia's 18th birthday and I can't be with her unfortunately -but she was online earlier - just gone to eat her late birthday dinner. I gather she had a celebration last night and I probably don't want to know the details! But I'd just like to wish her well - and thank her for being a wonderful daughter - funny, spirited, smart and someone with a lot of strength and character as she has had to cope with some serious stuff the last couple of years, not the least my own illness which I'm still recovering from... A daughter and a friend - and a great travelling companion... many happy returns, darling!

The picture was taken by our good friend Jon when we were in Dublin last year - outside McDaid's where I spent many a happy hour when I lived there way back...

No comments: